Pastoral Council records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains administrative records created by the Pastoral Council of the Diocese of Charleston. Material includes constitutions, meeting agendas, and meeting minutes.
- Created: 1985-2007
- Catholic Church. Diocese of Charleston (S.C.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Access is restricted; consult repository for details.
Conditions Governing Use
The Diocese of Charleston makes no representation that it is the owner of any copyright or other literary property in the materials contained in its archives. In providing access to or permitting the reproduction of any such materials, the Diocese of Charleston does not assume any responsibility for determining the nature of any rights, ownership or interest therein; nor for obtaining the appropriate permissions to publish or use; nor for determining the nature of any liabilities (for defamation and invasion of privacy) that may arise from any publication or use. This rests entirely with the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
The Pastoral Council of the Diocese of Charleston consists of laity, clergy, and members of religious communities appointed by the bishop to assist and advise the bishop with topics relating to the diocese. The council meets three times per year to discuss matters and create pastoral plans. Subjects include capital campaigns, child protection plans, and state and federal legislation.
Note written by
0.20 Linear Feet (1 slim box (2 folders))
Language of Materials
Administrative records for the Pastoral Council of the Diocese of Charleston.
Source of Acquisition
Received from the Pastoral Council.
Accruals and Additions
Additional materials expected.
Processed by Melissa Bronheim, September 2011.
- Administrative records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Church committees Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Councils and synods, Diocesan -- South Carolina Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diocesan pastoral councils -- South Carolina Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Parish councils Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Pastoral Council records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the Catholic Diocese of Charleston Archives Repository
114 Broad Street
Charleston SC 29401 US