Diocesan Finance Council records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains administrative records for the finance council of the Diocese of Charleston. It consists of governing documents and meeting records that include correspondence, agendas, minutes, and supporting documents.
- Created: 1992-2016
- Catholic Church. Diocese of Charleston (S.C.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Access is restricted; consult repository for details.
Conditions Governing Use
The Diocese of Charleston makes no representation that it is the owner of any copyright or other literary property in the materials contained in its archives. In providing access to or permitting the reproduction of any such materials, the Diocese of Charleston does not assume any responsibility for determining the nature of any rights, ownership or interest therein; nor for obtaining the appropriate permissions to publish or use; nor for determining the nature of any liabilities (for defamation and invasion of privacy) that may arise from any publication or use. This rests entirely with the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
The finance council of the Diocese of Charleston is responsible for preparing an income and expense budget for the entire governance of the diocese, as well as reviewing expenditures and revenues at the end of each year. Members are appointed by the bishop and serve a term for a minimum of five years.
Note written by
0.83 Linear Feet (2 document boxes.)
Language of Materials
Administrative meeting minutes for the finance council of the Diocese of Charleston.
Source of Acquisition
Received from the Diocesan Finance Council.
Method of Acquisition
Accruals and Additions
Additional materials expected.
Processed by Melissa Bronheim, September 2011.
- Church committees Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Church finance -- South Carolina Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Church management -- South Carolina Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Councils and synods, Diocesan -- South Carolina Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minutes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Inventory of the Diocesan Finance Council records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the Catholic Diocese of Charleston Archives Repository
114 Broad Street
Charleston SC 29401 US