Objects without provenance, cataloged in 2002
Scope and Contents
Artwork and objects with an "xx" accession number were found in the collection without any associated paperwork. They were cataloged in 2002. Many of these objects were transferred to the Archives over the years from various Diocesan offices without any associated paperwork. If paperwork is discovered for an "xx" item, the accession number and object id will be changed to the appropriate year.
- Other: Date acquired: 00/00/2002
Conditions Governing Access
Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The Diocese of Charleston makes no representation that it is the owner of any copyright or other literary property in the materials contained in its archives. In providing access to or permitting the reproduction of any such materials, the Diocese of Charleston does not assume any responsibility for determining the nature of any rights, ownership or interest therein; nor for obtaining the appropriate permissions to publish or use; nor for determining the nature of any liabilities (for defamation and invasion of privacy) that may arise from any publication or use. This rests entirely with the researcher.
Language of Materials
Vestment, jewelry, napkin rings, and other various objects found in the Diocese of Charleston.
Source of Acquisition
Found in collection.
- Commemoratives Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Containers (receptacles) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Costume (mode of fashion) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Jewelry Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Vestments Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Inventory of the objects without provenance
- Brian P. Fahey
- Description rules
- Other Unmapped
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Catholic Diocese of Charleston Archives Repository
114 Broad Street
Charleston SC 29401 US