Cathedral of St. John the Baptist postcard
Scope and Contents
This postcard depicts the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist in Charleston, South Carolina, from the southwest corner of Broad and Legare Streets, including a partial view of Sisters of Charity of Our Lady of Mercy convent on Legare Street.
- Created: undated
- Other: Date acquired: 04/27/2000
- Becker, Elizabeth (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The Diocese of Charleston makes no representation that it is the owner of any copyright or other literary property in the materials contained in its archives. In providing access to or permitting the reproduction of any such materials, the Diocese of Charleston does not assume any responsibility for determining the nature of any rights, ownership or interest therein; nor for obtaining the appropriate permissions to publish or use; nor for determining the nature of any liabilities (for defamation and invasion of privacy) that may arise from any publication or use. This rests entirely with the researcher.
Language of Materials
Image of Cathedral of St. John the Baptist in Charleston, South Carolina.
Source of Acquisition
Received from Elizabeth Becker in April 2000.
Method of Acquisition
Processed by Melissa Bronheim, October 2012.
- Catholic church buildings -- South Carolina -- Charleston -- Photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Charleston (S.C.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Postcards Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Inventory of the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist postcard
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the Catholic Diocese of Charleston Archives Repository
114 Broad Street
Charleston SC 29401 US