Caritas Newsletter collection
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of the monthly diocesan newsletter, Caritas, that was first published circa 1977 during Bishop Ernest L. Unterkoefler's episcopacy. Copies are sent to all administrative offices of the diocese including each diocesan office, every parish administrator, campus ministies, etc. The newsletter included enclosures such as memos from the bishop, vicar general, or chancellor; pamphlets; publications; policy changes; special collection information; special mass instructions; and any news relating to the administration of the diocese and evangilization in general. Materials are arranged chronologically and inserts were kept when possible; most of the years between 1977 and 1999 are missing inserts.
- Created: 1977-2019
- Other: Date acquired: 04/08/2010
- Catholic Church. Diocese of Charleston (S.C.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The Diocese of Charleston makes no representation that it is the owner of any copyright or other literary property in the materials contained in its archives. In providing access to or permitting the reproduction of any such materials, the Diocese of Charleston does not assume any responsibility for determining the nature of any rights, ownership or interest therein; nor for obtaining the appropriate permissions to publish or use; nor for determining the nature of any liabilities (for defamation and invasion of privacy) that may arise from any publication or use. This rests entirely with the researcher.
2.08 linear_foot (1 records carton, 2 document boxes)
Language of Materials
Dioccese of Charleston monthly newsletter.
Materials are arranged chronologically.
Missing years 2004-2009. The years 1970-1999 do not include all enclosures, most are included from 2000 on.
Source of Acquisition
Received from the Office of the Bishop in April 2010.
Method of Acquisition
Accruals and Additions
Materials will be added to annually.
Processed by Jennifer E. Neal.
- Administrative records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Catholic Church -- Administration Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Manuscripts (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Newsletters Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Pamphlets Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Inventory of the Caritas Newsletter collection
- Description rules
- Other Unmapped
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the Catholic Diocese of Charleston Archives Repository
114 Broad Street
Charleston SC 29401 US