The Saint Anthony Guild periodical collection
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of an incomplete series (18 issues) of the newspaper The Saint Anthony Guild from 1900-1912. The paper was based in Florence and circulated in the Pee Dee area of South Carolina, especially Georgetown. With Bishop Harry Northrop's permission, Rev. Charles Dubois Wood began the publication in October 1899. It is unclear when the paper discontinued. Editor: Francis C. Clark; associate editor: Joseph Barbot. Some issues appear as special editions. "A quarterly illustrated messenger devoted to religion, literature and art, in behalf of the chapels, mass stations and school attached to St. Anthony's Southern Missions, Florence, S.C." Description based on: Vol. 4, no. 15 (Dec./Jan./Feb. 1904); title from cover.
- Created: 1900-1912
- Mission Church of Saint Anthony of Padua (Florence, S.C.) (Organization)
- Barbot, Joseph C. (Person)
- Clark, Francis C. (Person)
- Wood, Charles D., 1871-1944 (Wood, Charles Dubois, Right Reverend Monsignor, Prothonotary Apostolic (Ad Instar)) (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The Diocese of Charleston makes no representation that it is the owner of any copyright or other literary property in the materials contained in its archives. In providing access to or permitting the reproduction of any such materials, the Diocese of Charleston does not assume any responsibility for determining the nature of any rights, ownership or interest therein; nor for obtaining the appropriate permissions to publish or use; nor for determining the nature of any liabilities (for defamation and invasion of privacy) that may arise from any publication or use. This rests entirely with the researcher.
3.00 oversize_folders (18 issues)
Language of Materials
Quarterly illustrated periodical produced in Florence, South Carolia.
Arranged chronologically by issue number and date.
Physical Access Requirements
Materials are fragile.
Technical Access Requirements
Microfilm copeis available for use.
Source of Acquisition
Found in collection.
Existence and Location of Originals
Microfilm copies available.
Processed by Brian P. Fahey in September 2009.
- Catholic Church -- Missions -- South Carolina -- Periodicals Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Catholic Church -- Periodicals Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mission Church of Saint Anthony of Padua (Florence, S.C.)
- Mission Church of Saint Anthony of Padua (Florence, S.C.) -- Periodicals
- Newspapers Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Periodicals Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the The Saint Anthony Guild periodical collection
- Fahey, Brian P.
- Description rules
- Other Unmapped
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Catholic Diocese of Charleston Archives Repository
114 Broad Street
Charleston SC 29401 US