Catholic Charities records
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of original and photocopied materials transferred to the archives by Dorothy Grillo, Director of Catholic Charities, in 1999. Materials include administrative papers, correspondence, and publications; primarily focusing on the diocese's natural planning program and Hispanic outreach.
- Created: 1981-2002, undated
- Other: Majority of material found in 1984-1987
- Catholic Charities (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Access is restricted; consult repository for details.
Conditions Governing Use
The Diocese of Charleston makes no representation that it is the owner of any copyright or other literary property in the materials contained in its archives. In providing access to or permitting the reproduction of any such materials, the Diocese of Charleston does not assume any responsibility for determining the nature of any rights, ownership or interest therein; nor for obtaining the appropriate permissions to publish or use; nor for determining the nature of any liabilities (for defamation and invasion of privacy) that may arise from any publication or use. This rests entirely with the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
Catholic Charities has been a part of the Diocese of Charleston for well over fifty years serving as the social service agency of the Church. A member of Catholic Charities USA, Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Charleston works directly and in collaboration with parish communities and other organizations to serve the needy in South Carolina. Catholic Charities is committed to social ministry as an essential element of the Catholic faith.
Note written by
0.50 Linear Feet (1 document box)
Language of Materials
Administrative papers, correspondence, and publications regarding the Diocess of Charleston's natural planning program and Hispanic outreach program.
Materials are arranged by subject, and chronologically at the folder level.
Source of Acquisition
Received from Dorothy Grillo.
Method of Acquisition
Processed by Jennifer E. Neal.
- Administrative records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Administrative reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Brochures Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Manuscripts (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Natural family planning Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pamphlets Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Social work with Hispanic Americans -- South Carolina Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Catholic Charities records
- Jennifer E. Neal
- Description rules
- Other Unmapped
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the Catholic Diocese of Charleston Archives Repository
114 Broad Street
Charleston SC 29401 US